Player syncronization Issue when camera is moving

Options
Hello, first time posting, been working with photon for a short while so i guess im a beginner, im working a 2d multiplayer game and im having an issue with making the other players appear to be moving smoothly.

First off, im not using the syncronize position in photon transform view as after messing with every variable for days on end i couldn't seem to get anything which didn't make the other players look like they were flickering, furthermore it didnt appear to work well with my players walljumping animation as that would cause the sprite to flicker, so i abandoned it and found a solution elsewhere.

What i used was the CubeInter script in the synchronization demo and edited it to work with my player character, this worked amazingly well and all the other players appeared to move smoothly but slightly delayyed, however i was testing with a static camera and now that ive implemented moving cameras for player characters ive noticed they flicker heavily if the camera is moving and only appears smooth if the camera stops moving.

Has anyone got any advice or ideas on how to rectify this problem, i havnt seen any tutorials at all on making 2d multiplayers anywhere online and the 2d demo which comes with the photon pack didnt have anything useful regarding character synchronization. Like i said im using the CubeInter script in the 2d demo so if anyone knows how i can make this work with a moving camera or has had any similar issues could you please give me some pointers.

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    Why is the 2D demo in PUN not useful for character synchronization? I does do that, no?
    Actually it does not matter if it's 2D or 3D. The first is a bit leaner maybe but the principle is the same. Find out what you need to sync and then make the clients reproduce each remote player's movements and animations as good as possible.

Did you see this?
    https://doc.photonengine.com/en/pun/current/tutorials/d-jump-and-run
  • Hello and thank you for the reply, yes i have seen the https://doc.photonengine.com/en/pun/current/tutorials/d-jump-and-run, and most of the other ones, il try and explain the issues im having a little better

First i tried mimicing what was done in the 2d demo, where interpolation and extrapolation were disabled, this works in the 2d demo but my players gain and lose momentum and on top of that they move quite quickly, the result was that other player movement appeard juttery/flickery. I messed around with almost every single combination of interpolation and extrapolation options but couldnt get anything which looked smooth and didnt cause bugs (i have a walljumping state which the player stops moving and it was causing issues).

Eventually i looked up the box demo, and used the cubeInter script on my player, which was incredibly smooth and had no know bugs, however i was testing all this with a stationarry camera and after I made the camera attached to the player i noticed that the other players were flickering if the camera was moving

Like i said my players are using the CubeInter script to syncronize accross the network, any ideas how i can reduce or stop them from flickering if the camera is moving?