CCU's in use appears to be wrong.

Photon Turnbased is reporting that I'm using a minimum of 16 CCU's continually. I've rebooted my computer, just to make sure I don't have some runaway threads open that are keeping me connected.

Since I'm on the free tier, I am limited to 20 CCU's. This means I can only use 4 CCU's, because Photon thinks my first 16 CCU's are already being occupied.

I have a theory as to why it might be doing this. It's possible that at some point in my debugging of disconnects, I might have changed the "time to live" setting on disconnected players to some huge value... and the same for empty rooms, to keep them open longer. Possibly Photon thinks these players are still connected, and as such, is keeping me with 16 active CCUs continually.

However, I could be wrong and the only other theory is Photon is bugged, and doesn't always clear disconnected users from the CCU list, and so I can expect to be gradually charged for more and more CCU's the longer I use photon.

anyway.. I went ahead and helped myself to another 20 CCU's (started a turnbased app), so that I could get around this. Works fine again on the new appid, for now.

Comments

• We are not aware of any CCU count issues. Please send a request with your appId to developer@photonengine.com
  • Thanks for your bug report. I took a closer look and see that there was indeed an issue on the server-side. It is currently unclear if the connections were "hanging" on Photon, or if we only miscalculated something...

Your application counters should be fine now. Can you please let us know if this happens again? Ideally, with the exact timestamp (UTC) when the counter got wrong.. so that we can compare with our log files.

Thanks and sorry for the trouble!