Steam, PS4, and XBox One integration

Options
Hey all,

I'm currently investigating different network solutions to use with our game and Bolt looks like it would be handy for our P2P setup. I know it already works with Steam, but I wanted to check if there were any examples of people using Bolt on PS4, and XBox one. These three are going to be our primary platforms for release and it'd be handy to use bolt across all 3. Note that this wouldn't be networking between the different platforms, just using Bolt for the base of the networking instead of swapping between networking solutions.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Comments

• stanchion
    Options
    We are currently testing and improving the unreleased Steam integration for Bolt, and I know of people developing games using Bolt on PS4 and Xbox One e.g. http://www.zombie-vikings.com/

There are already dozens of games on Steam using Bolt
  • Thanks for the feedback! Yeah I already saw there were a bunch of a games using it on Steam, and a few on PS4. I guess the biggest concern for me is XBox One as I haven't seen that yet. Are there any specific released Xbox One examples?
  • Tobias
    Options
    There are no Xbox One titles yet, sorry.
    Steam is our top prio and coming asap.

Consoles are a bit tricky. We have to work closely with the platform holders to get signed off security-wise, etc.. We work on it but it's hard to come up with a timing for it.
  • Thanks Tobias. Our goal at the moment is to release Steam first, then PS4 and XBox later. So if you're on a similar schedule that might work.