Photon 3

rejwan
edited August 2011 in Photon Server
Hello,
First of all I'd like to ask on the progress of the new Photon version - we're eagerly anticipating it.
Second, we'd like to request a minor change - currently when we call ValidateOperation and use operation.IsValid and operation.GetErrorMessage() we get the following error when receiving non-optional request parameters which are null:
2011-08-17 12:51:00,932 [10] ERROR CashKingServer.Room [(null)] - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at System.Object.GetType()
at Photon.SocketServer.Rpc.Operation.GetErrorMessage() in c:\dev\photon-socketserver-sdk\src\Photon.SocketServer\Rpc\Operation.cs:line 169

I'm not sure exactly if IsValid or GetErrorMessage() causes this, but I'd be nice if no error would be thrown there.

Comments

• Photon 3 is shaping up nicely. We had a minor feature creep but we're wrapping things up and getting the doc in-line with the new stuff. At least to a point which is acceptable. The release is really not far away and it will contain some much asked-for features and clean up.

About the error: We did some fixes in these methods but to be sure, it would help if we knew what is in the operation you check.
    If you can, let us know the content of the parameters which cause this.
  • The current sdk download 2.6.11.1647 should not have the described issue.
    Which version do you use?