Problem with ExecuteCommand

Aslan85
Aslan85
edited November 2015 in Photon Bolt
Hi everybody,

I’m trying the authoritative movement control but after reading the tutorial I can’t reproduce it ><

I tried a lot of things but in the last I seen that on a
public class PlayerBehaviour : Bolt.EntityEventListener

WHen I put the method
public override void ExecuteCommand(Bolt.Command command, bool resetState){
UnityEngine.Debug.Log("COME HERE ?”);
}

I have nothing in the console.
You know where I have wrong ? You have tips about where I can look for it ?

Thank you.

PS : I'm using Unity 5.2.2f1 and Bolt Beta-v0.4.3.8

Comments

• Are you queueing the command in simulatecontroller?

public override void SimulateController() { var input = PlayerCommand.Create(); input.Forward = forward; input.Backward = backward; input.Left = left; input.Right = right; entity.QueueInput(input); }
  • Hi,
    Thanks for the answer but don't resolve the problem.

I was thinking that was my script and I try the empty script include in this recent post :smile:http://forum.photonengine.com/discussion/6869/simulatecontroller-and-executecommand-example

The script is empty, I set the "PlayerCommand" with the same input and if I just insert a debug log in the executeCommand function, it's not call.

You know another tips ?
  • On your prefab is Controller Prediction checked on?
  • Yes, on the prefab, the toggle "controller Predicted Movement" is on.

If that can help, when I compile Bolt, I have a Mono error :
    "Mono.CompilerServices.SymbolWriter.MonoSymbolFileException: Symbol file `/Users/ljosselin/Documents/Projects/Perso/Mania/ManiaUnity/Assets/bolt/assemblies/bolt.user.dll.mdb' does not match assembly
    at... (very long mesage)"

but the compilator write : "BoltCompiler: Success!"

I try asap on a windows pc.
  • Delete the mdb file
  • Aslan85
    Aslan85
    edited November 2015
    With the mdb file delete, I've fixed the compiler problem but the ExecuteCommand problem still alive ><
    I try another new project today.

EDIT:
    OK, I tried the sample on my project and it works.
    With 100%, I forget one things but I didn't find it. I continue to looking for.
  • OK, I did it !

The object that I control (character in this case) must be "in control" by the player.

It's probably wrong but I've writing in the method Attached of the player's main script :
    if (entity.isOwner)
        entity.TakeControl();
    And that's work.
  • Had the exact same problem and this fixed it. I would like to know if this is wrong to do and if there is a "right" way to set the controller of an entity.
  • stanchion
    stanchion mod
    edited December 2015
    Player.cs in the tutorial has a good example of this
  • @Aslan85: Thanks for also posting your solution. As you see, it already helped! :)