What exactly happens when reached CCU limit?

Hi,

Sorry if this is duplicate (pretty sure) but I counldn't find my answer.

So I'm using 100 CCU currently,
What I'm curious about is what happens to 101 CCU?

Can 101 CCU connect to lobby?
or can 101 CCU "only" connect to lobby and not the room and if attempts to join the room OnPhotonMaxCccuReached() is called?

I'm trying to figure out a way to handle the situation gracefully.

Curious, curious

Comments

• OneManArmy
    OneManArmy ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Hi, if concurrent user limit was reached, client is rejected by the server and disconnecting.
    When this happens, the user might try again later. You can't create or join rooms in OnPhotonMaxCcuReached(), cause the client will be disconnecting.

In this situation simply notify player that limit was reached and he can try to play game later.
    And you should upgrade your subscription when ccu limit was reached.
  • Yeah, I don't think 100 is going to cut it. thnx
  • Kaiserludi
    Kaiserludi admin
    edited October 2015

Hi, if concurrent user limit was reached, client is rejected by the server and disconnecting.
    When this happens, the user might try again later. You can't create or join rooms in OnPhotonMaxCcuReached(), cause the client will be disconnecting.

In this situation simply notify player that limit was reached and he can try to play game later.
    And you should upgrade your subscription when ccu limit was reached.

This is actually only true, if a limit below 500CCU is active. From the 500CCU limit on upwards, the CCU burst is active, which means that no players will get disconnected if the CCU limit gets surpassed. All players will still be able to connect - we will just contact you and ask you to upgrade your subscription.
  • As the question came in via support and just to clarify this does still apply:
    - 100 ccu plan does NOT include CCU burst - 101st player gets rejected
    - 500 (and up) ccu plans do include CCU burst - players do not get rejected, but you need to make sure to upgrade your plan accordingly