using log4net without Photon

gnoblin
gnoblin
edited September 2011 in Photon Unity Networking (PUN)
Hello!

Is it possible to use log4net supplied with Photon ...without Photon?

I'd like to use log4net instead of UnityEngine.Debug.Log :roll:

thanks,
Slav

Comments

• I found an example of how to use ordinary log4net with Unity :)
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/8380-U ... r-logging-)

I can't build webplayer with this dll present in the project, though :cry: .
  • I'm actually just about to finish up a very polished version of the old log4net wrapper which now also supports NLog and a custom way of configuration (that comes without all the overhead of the logging frameworks but still lets you switch log levels on/off for different classes). I think log4net won't ever run in the Web player but I think NLog should ... and in case NLog doesn't, with my wrapper you can very easily switch over to "plain Unity logging" (and using a simple text configuration file still do the configuration stuff).

This has been sitting on my desk for a few months now; thanks for reminding me of putting it up ;-)
  • jashan wrote:
    I'm actually just about to finish up a very polished version of the old log4net wrapper which now also supports NLog and a custom way of configuration (that comes without all the overhead of the logging frameworks but still lets you switch log levels on/off for different classes). I think log4net won't ever run in the Web player but I think NLog should ... and in case NLog doesn't, with my wrapper you can very easily switch over to "plain Unity logging" (and using a simple text configuration file still do the configuration stuff).

This has been sitting on my desk for a few months now; thanks for reminding me of putting it up ;-)

Waiting for it :).