Photon and iOS

Hi all. I have finished my singleplayer iOS game in Unity. I would like to make it multiplayer now, however I can't find many tutorials for Photon multiplayer and iOS. Does anyone have any good up to date tutorials. Also, is the coding used for making multiplayer desktop Unity games with photon the same for iOS?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Tobias
    Tobias admin
    edited October 2015
    In Unity, you could use PUN (Photon Unity Networking). It is the package with the lowest learning curve and easiest features to get you started.
    Check out the Marco Polo Tutorial, too, before you jump into making your game multiplayer.

All platform exports use the same API and features. No changes needed.

Good luck and have fun!
  • Tobias said:

In Unity, you could use PUN (Photon Unity Networking). It is the package with the lowest learning curve and easiest features to get you started.
    Check out the Marco Polo Tutorial, too, before you jump into making your game multiplayer.

All platform exports use the same API and features. No changes needed.

Good luck and have fun!

That looks really useful thanks. Also, sorry if this is a stupid question, but do I need to buy my game server from a separate company, or do I use one of you servers?

Thanks
  • That question is not that stupid, as I have a hard time to point you to some document which clearly explains this in one place ;)

We develop and offer the Photon Server, which you could use. It's just a software which you could run on any Windows machine.
    We also run this software on machines worldwide as Photon Cloud service. You can use that with 20 concurrent users for free and get subscriptions for any number of players later on.

In either case, you can use PUN on the client side.
  • Tobias said:

That question is not that stupid, as I have a hard time to point you to some document which clearly explains this in one place ;)

We develop and offer the Photon Server, which you could use. It's just a software which you could run on any Windows machine.
    We also run this software on machines worldwide as Photon Cloud service. You can use that with 20 concurrent users for free and get subscriptions for any number of players later on.

In either case, you can use PUN on the client side.

Ok and just one other question, will I need to buy the full version of Unity or will the free version work fine for this?

Thanks
  • This is more a Unity question, right? :)
    With Unity 5, the free version will do.