Alternate Build Location to Play As Client?

I'm wondering if anyone knows how change the build location of the "Play as Client" or "Play as Server" button within Bolt?

I ask because I'm using another plugin that requires a .dll in the root folder of the project and if it detects duplicates, it errors out. Since I need that .dll to use the plugin within the Unity editor, using the "Play as Client" builds the project within the project root folder, it causes my other plugin to barf.

The workaround is to build a server version and a client version of my code somewhere else other than the project folder and then play it from there. The problem is that it takes a good 5 minutes to do and significantly delays my ability to iterate and troubleshoot errors.

Any help?

Comments

• 3xbs
    3xbs
    edited September 2015
    # you can use System.IO.Directory.GetCurrentDirectory() to find the name of your deploy folder and write a little if statement that change between server / client / whatelse

# compiling with a *,bat file ( on windows ) and : http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/CommandLineArguments.html
  • bigd
    bigd
    edited September 2015
    Interesting proposition. So your solution would basically have me write a small executable that would build my two solutions wherever I choose. Not bad, not bad. Hadn't thought of that.

I suppose I'm looking for a way of configuring bolt to change it's built location, so when I press the Play as Server button, it does the exact same thing it does now, but just in a different location. The way I understand your method, it would automate my workaround, but I'd still want to be able to play the game while in the editor.

Maybe this is more of a feature request, unless someone has found a better way. I did some looking into the github repo of bolt and noticed the responsible code there. Basically, I'd have to download the repository, change the build location, and recompile it. Doesn't sound like fun.

I suppose the thing I'm wondering is when your press the "Play as Server", how do I get it to run in the editor, but from another location that's not the project folder? Hope that makes sense.