How to decrease latency?

Options
I have photon multiplayer android game and it's server-side/master client rules because physics.,. and I have real problems with latency... :/ so: ping is 100-130ms and client sends input to server and server sends position updates back to client, does this mean 200 - 260ms latency? and it is lerped so even more? I set send rate to 21 for lower latency but it is still problem :( please help! :)

Comments

• Game is unplayeble now because of nonbalance between masterclient and client :(
  • (Using PUN+)
  • bekiryanik
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hello,

It seems that you have a lot of answers under your topic. It is nice to see that. You should have thank to Photon community and admins for being kind of sensitive about such a important topic like this.

First of all i would like to say that i have the same problem. "The Latency Problem". I tried to use other multiplayer platforms to solve this but it seems to me that Photon is much professional then the others. Because of that i return using photon and looking for solutions about latency. I am calling photon admins from here. I am also using Real-Time Multiplayer like the owner of this topic and have issues about position and rotation of my player.

So, let's ask one more time to Photon admins about it. I have proceeded so much with my project. The only issue that i need to solve is "Latency Problem". It is not possible for me to go back from this point and start a new project by a new multiplayer SDK. If it's possible, can you please find a solution about this latency problem? This solution may contain a tutorial about it or you can write a brief essay about it. We really would be appreciated. Can you do such a think please?

Before i end this text, i would like to say that, a mobile game in the name of "Super Battle Racers" doesn't has such a problem even if i connect with "100 ms". It doesn't has any latency and it has been made with Unity Photon. How do they solve this problem? There must be a way to get rid of this.

I really will be waiting for your lovely answers about this. Please answer this problem this time instead of releasing new packages like Photon Bolt or Photon True Sync. We need to solve this with Photon Realtime Package.

Thank you!
  • GarvGoel_77
    Options
    waiting for answer