Getting the notification for the list of disconnected player

nanda
edited August 2011 in Photon Server
How can i get notification immediately from the photon server when a list of players get disconnect from the server due to network failure ?

i am building an application based on the photon realtime demo game in ios.
Currently i am getting notification from the photon server after 20 - 30 sec when other player disconnect from the group. But i want to get notification from the photon server not more than delay of 10 sec. How can i get notification immediately?.

Comments

• The server-side timeout can be adjusted within PhotonServer.config. Modify the values of MaximumTimeout and MinimumTimeout according to your needs.

These values are not "absolute", though: The actual timeout still depends on when the last data was received from a client. The observed timeout might be a bit longer or less long than the values. But of course you will notice the change from 30 to 10 seconds (in your case).
  • Thanks for your reply.

Now i got a small doubt . You have mentioned that
    The actual timeout still depends on when the last data was received from a client

Consider this situation, Suppose a player in the network didnt send anydata to other players for 30 sec (but still the player is active). Whether the photon server will consider that player as disconnected and it will send notification to other player? :!:
  • This is covered by the internal ping mechanism. If you don't send anything yourself, the library will "make up" a command "ping" and send it, awaiting acknowledgement.