UE4.76+PhotonDemoParticle-UE45.zip

Hello , I English is not very good .
As of the title , I have a question about PhotonDemo using UE4.76.
As a result of execution is carried out Cook Select the win64 and shipping, it is not possible although it is possible to carry out the NewGame to enter another user's room .
Error log at that time will be less .

「ERROR:opJoinRoom() filed :join failed : UserID 'UR69' already joined the specified game (JoinMode=0)」

I want to solve this problem because we want to allow another user and multiplayer .

Comments

• Hi zerdxu.

Telling from your screenshot you are already is inside a room when trying to join one. A Client instance can only be inside one room at a time. You need to leave the current room first before being able to join another one.
  • Already I think the thing that it is possible to move that are in the room ?
    I feel the difference in the part that actually work with this error.
    When you do this , we have tried to start two to room move the exe that Cook in shipping.
  • It seems you are from Japan? Maybe you can get in touch with GMO, our Japanese distributor?
    developer@photoncloud.jp

They know Photon well and solve any remaining questions with us.
    At the moment, it's hard to follow your description.
  • Yes , I am Japanese . I have already sent an e-mail . However , I'm posting here to get their reply late for quickly solving tips . Can not you be more access to PhotonServer at Demo I think the very unkind .
    Therefore , how will the be able to enter into the room with others I used DEMO?
  • zerdxu@yahoo.co.jp
    edited August 2015
    I , the user ID was " UR69 " you start on your own .
    And , user ID even when you were asked to start asking friends was " UR69 " .
    Therefore, it is speculated that the user ID is not able to enter the room with each other because it is not unique.
    Will is there any means to solve this?
    I want to know is how.
  • Kaiserludi
    Kaiserludi admin
    edited August 2015
    Hi again.

Ah, ok. I think I get what you are talking about now.

The demo attaches a random value to user names.

Unfortunately there seems to be a bug in UE4 itself, which makes UE4 seed rand() with a constant value for Shipping builds (resulting in rand() no longer producing random values), while rand() gets seeded correctly for Debug and Development builds.

For more information please refer to https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/84780/random-not-random.html.

We did not expect something like that and therefor did not test the demo explicitly with Shipping builds.

There should be the following line of code in PhotonLBClient.cpp:

client = new ExitGames::LoadBalancing::Client(*listener, *AppID, *appVersion, ExitGames::Common::JString("UR") + rand() % 100);

Please change it to the following code that attaches a timestamp instead of a random value to generate unique player names:

client = new ExitGames::LoadBalancing::Client(*listener, *AppID, *appVersion, ExitGames::Common::JString("UR") + GETTIMEMS());

When you are on it, there is also a line

sprintf(name, "UE-%d",rand() % 100 );

in LoadBalancingListener.cpp

that should be changed into

sprintf(name, "UE-%d", GETTIMEMS() );

to prevent room names from suffering from the same issue.
  • Hi Kaiserludi.
    I was able to solve the problems in your favor .
    That it does not know the specifications of UE4 it was also able to understand one .
    Thank you.