CCU question

Options
I'm working on running a campaign on Indiegogo to raise funds so I can put a multiplayer game on iOS, and one of the things I'm offering as a perk is TestFlight beta testing. There are 150 spots available, and I wanted to increase this number, but I have a question I need to ask before doing so. The game I'm promoting has a 200 CCU plan (PUN+ and another 100 CCU plan I paid for). I read online that 1 CCU is the same thing as 20 Daily Active Users and each DAU is 20 Monthly Active Users.

So my question is: can I have more than 200 people playing the beta a day? How do the DAU and MAU work with the CCU?

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    The CCU are concurrent users.
    So, you can have 200 of your users playing at the same time. All day long and any of your players.
    The DAU and MAU are just guessed, based on other games. Maybe your players are much more online or much less.

With a paid subscription, you get "overage": No one is turned away, so some more players can play and you should adjust the subscription as needed. You can do that when your player count is actually higher than what you subscribed for.

• JJNCreator
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for the help.