PUN Version v1.60 fails to connect to lobby on android device

Options
After updating today to version 1.60 seems my device will not go through the standard connection sequence as the 1.58 version does.

Seems I do get a "ConnectedToMaster" message but the

void OnJoinedLobby() handler didnt fire....

update: with searching the docs doc-api.exitgames.com/en/pun/current/pun/doc/group__public_api.html I discovered that the bool PhotonNetwork.autoJoinLobby is not true by default in v1.60.

When I triggered it to True and rebuilt the application a proper connection algorithm took place. whoo hoo

side note: so if pun is updated I was thinking the server would need updating too. but turns out the server didnt get a version bump.... all seems to be working now

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    Ow. That is actually a side effect I didn't take into consideration! You are right, the default for autoJoinLobby accidentally changed to false. I moved the value into the PhotonServerSettings, where you can now edit it with a click in the editor, but the default is now false.

Sorry about that. I didn't notice. I will edit the forum posts to make this more clear.
  • Sweet stuff. I was happy to finally get things working, as I had to track things down which took time. Thanks for confirming my theory. :smile: