TimeoutDisconnect - PeerCreated

Hi guys! I just started using (or trying to use :D ) Photon Unity Networking with Unity 5, and when I play the game it sits on ConnectingToNameServer, then it gives me a TimoutDisconnect warning in the console and switches to the PeerCreated state.

Here's the TimeoutDisconnect error:
TimeoutDisconnect while connecting to: ns.exitgamescloud.com:5058. Check if the server is available.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
NetworkingPeer:OnStatusChanged(StatusCode) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:1579)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:SendOutgoingCommands()
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:SendOutgoingCommands()
PhotonHandler:Update() (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonHandler.cs:103)

I'm following a tutorial by Quill18Creates. It seems others have had this issue in the past.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLAilMkRxYU&list=PLbghT7MmckI7BDIGqNl_TgizCpJiXy0n9&index=4

Here's the code:
using UnityEngine;
using System.Collections;

public class NetworkManager : MonoBehaviour {

private bool once = false;

private void Start () 
	{
		PhotonNetwork.logLevel = PhotonLogLevel.Full;
		Connect();
	}

private void Connect () 
	{
		//PhotonNetwork.offlineMode = true;
		PhotonNetwork.ConnectUsingSettings("Version1"); //the bit in the quotes can be anything really. I just makes sure you get connected only with people who have the same version.
		//SpawnMyPlayer();
	}

private void OnGUI ()
	{
		GUILayout.Label(PhotonNetwork.connectionStateDetailed.ToString());
//		if(PhotonNetwork.connectionStateDetailed.ToString() == "PeerCreated" && !once)
//		{
//			SpawnMyPlayer();
//			once = true;
//		}
	}

private void OnJoinedLobby () //isn't working because I still get the peerCreated stuff I guess
	{
		Debug.Log("OnJoinedLobby");
		PhotonNetwork.JoinRandomRoom();
		//PhotonNetwork.CreateRoom(playerRoomName); //example of creating a room with a player specified name
	}

private void OnPhotonJoinFailed () //runs if PhotonNetwork.JoinRoom() fails. Doesn't work for PhotonNetwork.JoinRandomRoom().
	{
		Debug.Log("OnPhotonJoinFailed");
		PhotonNetwork.CreateRoom(null); //creates a room with no name
	}

private void OnPhotonRandomJoinFailed ()
	{
		Debug.Log("OnPhotonRandomJoinFailed");
		PhotonNetwork.CreateRoom(null);
	}

private void OnJoinedRoom()
	{
		Debug.Log("OnJoinedRoom");
		SpawnMyPlayer();
	}

private void SpawnMyPlayer ()
	{
		//Instantiate(playerPrefab); //the problem with doing something like this is that instantiate only creates something on your computer and not anyone else's.
		PhotonNetwork.Instantiate("PlayerController", Vector3.zero, Quaternion.identity, 0);
	}
}

Thanks for any help you can provide. Cheers!

Comments

• Hi,

Does the problem with connection to ns.exitgamescloud.com:5058 still persist? It might be due server temporal outage but should not last for long.
  • Hello and thank you for your response. I just tried again, and the problem is sill there. I have tried to connect a few times over the course of about 3 weeks, each time with the same result.