How to get current CCU ?

Options
Seems strange, but I didn't find any info on that. I need to know how many CCUs there are on the server, or at least how many rooms. I need this info for skill-based matchmaking. The less players are on the server, the more is the maximum gap between players skills during matchmaking.

Comments

• dontonka
    Options
    Hello madfatcat (nice name :))

Basically, there are those properties to know the number of users and rooms :
    http://doc-api.exitgames.com/en/pun/current/pun/doc/class_photon_network.html
    static int countOfPlayersOnMaster
    static int countOfPlayersInRooms
    static int countOfPlayers
    static int countOfRooms

Those information are specific for every server, it doesn't give you a global view. So with those information you could figure out the number of CCU on a specific server.

Question for Photon: The CCU limit applied by our plan (eg: 100 for PUN+), is it per server (means we can have at most 100 CCU on each server, or if we use 5 servers, we could actually have 500 users playing??) or global for all the servers (means every server sum up together) ?

Don T.
  • Thanks man!
  • dontonka
    Options
    @Tobias, @vadim, please don't miss my question in my previous post.

Thanks.

Don T.
  • vadim
    Options
    @Don T.,
    The CCU of the subscription are global but we don't actually enforce this at the moment. instead, currently the CCU are available per region but we treat them like "overage".
    The intention is to use the 100 CCU global, not per region, so if you need 100 per region, you need to upgrade.
    In the client, there is no global CCU count. Only CCU for your region available.
  • dontonka
    Options
    Thanks Vadim. So in my current plan (PUN+, 100 CCU, CCU Burst not included), since the global is not enforced, a player will get denied because exceeding CCU only if in that specific region it does hit the 100 CCU correct? It would get denied right away since the burst is not included right?

It would be really nice if the burst would be included in such plan, otherwise on launch, a serious developer have no choice into upgrading to the next plan (without knowing if he would really need it) before launch to be sure to not get some users denied because of CCU, which reduce a lot the value of this plan (PUN+) comparing it to the basic one CCU wise, and require the dev. to pay for something he might not need really. Of course the next month I could drop back to my current plan if not needed, but I feel it not that fair.

Cheers,
    Don T.
  • Tobias
    Options
    We do agree that it would be nice to have the burst included.
    But the PUN+ 100 CCU plan is a one-time payment only. Without subscriptions, we can hardly run a lot of machines. If 100 is not the limit, where is it??
    This is an ongoing effort and we also provide all the networking tools and matchmaking logic for you already.

Having 100 concurrent users is quite a bit. You need a lot of customers to reach this number.
    When you launch commercially and have some faith in your own product, then maybe invest another $90 for servers. Or monitor your CCU closely in the first few hours.
  • dontonka
    Options
    Hello Tobias.

Your right, I'm crying like a baby :D lol. I will invest the 90$ without any doubt with you guys at launch.
    Having 100 concurrent users is quite a bit.
    Well on the launch week, if the game get traction, we do agree that this number is pretty small correct :)? But also fair according to the one time payment, agreed.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
    Don T.