Clarification about Cloud Regions

Hello everyone! At first, a little disclaimer. I am planning to use PUN (with photon cloud) in my project as a most reliable and easy to use multiplayer backend. I am moving form combination of Google Play multiplayer and Unity networking, which was proven unusable in serious projects. I will be asking a series of questions for which I didn't find the answers in docs or somwhere else (forum, stackoverflow, unity answers). Don't get me wrong, I will be glad if I'm mistaking, and the answers are obvious or easy to find. Anyway, please point me in right direction and please don't leave any of this questions unanswered.

My second question is about cloud regions. They represents completely separated servers, am I right (this assumption has been proven on practice)? Could there be two rooms with a same name in different cloud regions? How functions like FindFriends will work among different regions? I need to know as many hidden catches as possible.

Comments

• Hi diablo23q.

Yes, they are completely separated systems and therefor room id uniqueness or finding friends will only work within the same region.
  • Thank you! Everything as expected