Confused about photon and playfab

Options
rootbeerdev
edited March 2015 in Any Topic & Chat
Hello,

Recently during the sale, I bought photon + because it seemed like a viable solution for my game. However since I am still early in the development stage I may have made a premature decision. I still want to use photon but in the play-fab website it says that for up to the first 1000 users, you get all of the features which include photon services. So is that to say that by using play-fab you get the best of both worlds and there was no need for this purchase? or do you need to maintain two subscriptions to get both services. Still bit confused. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi rootbeerdev,

I think if you're willing to subscribe to the premium tier with PlayFab, the only advantage you get from purchasing PUN+ is a working PUN on Android and iOS if you don't have a Unity Pro license.

Once you subscribe to PlayFab's premium tier you don't need PUN's extra 100 CCU. More information can be found here.

On the other hand, technically there's no integration of the two services : PlayFab still does not support Photon webhooks and Photon does not support Custom Authentication with PlayFab.