Photon event error

Lekz
edited July 2010 in Photon Server
I am having an error on my Photon server(v1-6-2), looks like it occurs when client closes his application and server still thinks that the client is connected, moreover, i can't catch this error with 'catch' block (all the PublishEvent methods are called inside 'try' block). In my game, i have a schedule timeout handler which is calling PublishEvent to send data to clients, and because of this error each time is fails.
This is the error.
2010-07-08 00:03:37,298 [6] ERROR Photon.SocketServer.Peer [(null)] - ConnectionId = 192
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
at PhotonHostRuntimeInterfaces.IPhotonPeer.SendEvent(Byte[] data, MessageReliablity reliability, Byte channelId)
at Photon.SocketServer.Peer.SendEvent(EventData eventData, Reliability reliability, Byte channelId)

Comments

• This sounds like one of the bugs that we fixed after v1.6.2 but only for the Photon v2 candidates.
    It can happen easily that the logic still knows a player but the peer is no longer connected. So sending issues might happen. As long as it's temporary (and the server-side timeout makes sure it's temporary), you don't have to worry. You will get a timeout after a while and until then send-calls will cause this log entry.

You can ignore this entry (as long as it stops after a timeout) or use Photon v2, which is in general a good idea but will cause some effort to upgrade. If you have the time, switch to Photon 2 and use Lite as something you extend (extend Lite with your own project and code, like LiteLobby does).