PhotonAnimatorView question

Options
So I never actually used this component before, and just noticed it the other day. Up until now, I was serializing all my animation controller variables in the same OnPhotonSerializeView as my transform. So, two questions:

1. Is coupling my mecanim variables with the transforms "slowing down" the receiving of movement positions for my players?
2. If I used PhotonAnimatorView for the mecanim, does that I would be using twice the messages per second? 10 for movement, 10 for mecanim?

What is the best practice here?

Thanks!

Comments

• Still looking for an answer to this one!
  • Tobias
    Options
    I wasn't around and Vadim maybe expected me back earlier. Sorry for the delay.

Coupling animations with position data does not affect speed of transmission. By default, we grab 10 updates per second and it does not matter what they contain (unless it's kilobytes of data).
    We aggregate updates created via OnPhotonSerializeView into fewer messages. One per group at the moment. In the end, the new TransformView and AnimationView only implement OnPhotonSerializeView much the same way you could. Take a look at the code for inspiration if you like.

You can continue to use your own implementation for syncing. If it seems to work for you already, there's no need to switch.
  • Thanks Tobias, glad to have you back!