Memory Game Demo not working

Hi all!

I'm new to Photon Turnbased (with Photon Cloud) and I tried running memory game demo with unity plain client. However, strange things happen. I'm able to login into game with one device, but on all other devices it's not connecting to Photon Cloud. I'm getting the following error message:

'Receive issue. State: Connected Exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection refused'

Should I do something with my Turnbased application from dashboard or it's something else? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!!

Comments

• Please check out this post:
    viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5612

By now, the rollback on our server should be done. You should fix the connect code as described anyways.
    I hope this helps.
    Else, mail us your appID to: developer@exitgames.com and refer to this topic.
    Thanks.
  • Thank you for response. However, it turned out the problem was that I tried to connect to Photon Server with the same WiFi network. That is, my devices were connected to the same WiFi network and they all tried to connect to the Photon Server. One of them was able to connect, but the others were rejected. When I tried different WiFi networks, I was able to run Memory Game Demo on two devices with two different WiFi networks.

Is there a way to fix this problem, so I can test Memory Game Demo with multiple devices and same WiFI network?
  • It seems you are connecting to the Photon Cloud. The AppId you mailed is a Turnbased AppId and should be fine.

In general, there is nothing that keeps you from testing with lots of clients in the same network.
    If one client connects and the other doesn't then you need to carefully check every option the client has networking-wise. There is no way we can do that for you (as we can't access the clients or firewalls, etc).

We had some issues with Turnbased apps but now it's fixed. You should change the "connect" code anyways, as described here:
    http://doc.exitgames.com/en/turnbased/c ... ased-intro

Note the use of ConnectToRegionMaster("eu").

When the disconnect happens, you could log out the ServerAddress. Then we would learn which server it tried to access.
    If nothing else helps, please try to get us that info.
  • [Hello. Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread, didn't want to start a new one in case this is related to the above queries, please move to a new thread if so]

I started work porting an old GameCenter game project to Photon TB this week, all is going well. Suddenly this morning I don't seem to be seeing any games in the Lobby, either in my own code or Sandbox demo on which it's based - pretty sure it's been working all along, including last night.

I've downloaded the SDK again, added my APPID into the Sandbox, fire up in the Unity Editor, sign in as "cat", create a game, make a move, leave the game. Relaunch the app in the editor, sign in as "dog" but can't see any games in the lobby to join. If I Join a game, it joins a new game, not the "cat" game. Again, these steps seemed to be working fine last night, have tried several times today and I'm getting nothing in the lobby. I even tried to create a new App on the backend, that doesn't work either.

I did something wrong, right?
  • Amir: The lobby has to be one that keeps rooms that have no active player. We have LobbyType.AsyncRandomLobby for that. It does not list rooms though. It's only for random matchmaking (the chances are too high that the room list will be very long, to actually send it).
    I think I replied to a mail ticket by you, too. Right? Please focus on one communication channel. It's hard to track conversations otherwise.