Issue smoothing and predicting

Options
So I'm trying to smooth the movement between network updates and I'm getting jitter. I think it's due to the timing of the playback being wrong. I'm using the time in the PhotonMessageInfo (info) packet of the

void OnPhotonSerializeView(PhotonStream stream, PhotonMessageInfo info)

However, what is this time? Is this the time for the transmission or does it include the time between sends also? I think I read Photon sends updates 10x/second, so that would be every .1 seconds, but when I subtract the time from two packets it looks like .25, so I'm wondering whats the extra time or am I doing something wrong?

Do you provide a smoothing and prediction ftn I can forklift to my code, or should I continue trying to do my own. So far I'm very frustrated trying to get it consistently reliable. I look at CoD and think how the heck do they get it so smooth. I'm testing on two computers, one with about 10 AI plus the player, and the other just a player/client. On the player client I can't seem to get anything to look smooth, which is very frustrating.

Thanks

Comments

• vadim
    Options
    The timestamp form PhotonMessageInfo is the PhotonNetwork.time at sending moment.

Did you try DemoSynchronization demos? Are they smooth enough?