Timed rooms (bootcamp mog Unity3D)

Options
xentar
edited May 2011 in DotNet
Right now i'm working on a project where i ended as programmer. The sad thing is that i'm not a programmer! i'm a 3D animator and graphic designer, so i'm having a hard time working trying to understand some things, in special multiplayer logic.
Using as base the Photon Bootcamp multiplayer demo for Unity 3D, we are trying to make a simple multiplayer hunt game. I did lot of codes and thing on client side, including login using php and wait X players for start game, but some codes don't work fine on a mutiplayer way. One of my "dramas" is a timer, a countdown since the room was created, so when its end the time, the players are "kicked", show their scores, and go back to lobby.
On client side the timer works great, but each time a player quit and another enter the room, their timers start over, and all the timers are different... must be server side.

Anyone can give me a hand or some hints of how to do this on a server side way?

Thanks in advance, and excuse my english. Wish i'm posting this on the right place anyway...

Comments

• GravitySpec
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Check out this page: http://developer.exitgames.com/liteandl ... endinglite

It goes over how to schedule code execution at regular intervals on the server, all you would need to do is add a check for how much time has passed and then launch an event to all connected parties. That would be my first thought on it. Best of luck to you!
  • xentar
    Options
    Wow, thanks a lot.
    Going to give it a try, lets see if i could make it work the way i want, hehe.