Basic questiona about photonViews

Options
N1warhead
N1warhead ✭✭
Hey guys, I have a basic question I'm trying to figure out....

I have a PhotonView on my instantiated player. Everything works. But I made a script that can smooth my movement through the network with Streams.

Well, the actual player is a child of parent, how can I drag a (script/Component) from child back into the parent where the PhotonView is and Observe it??

Right now I can only observe the Child it's self, which is kinda rough still.

But I need to observe the (Component) in child object.

Is there a way to do this VIA Scripting?

If so could you help guide me?

Comments

• N1warhead
    Options
  • N1warhead
    Options
    HEY GUYS - I GOT IT.. I WAS STUPID LOL.
    I FORGOT I COULD DRAG THE ENTIRE COMPONENT TO MY PARENT AND WOOHOO GOT IT! LOL.

But now I have a question following Quill18creates tutorial video,
    the way he streams the positions with the serialize thing.

Well, I've noticed on PC, Android, etc.
    That once in a blue moon there is like a major Lag spike in a players movement, like he'll just randomly shoot off to his real position.
    Is there a way around that?

Like player be changing directions and next thing you know his idle for a second and a thousand miles per hour to his actual position lol.
  • Tobias
    Options
    If there's a major lag spike, that means some updates will arrive very late. If the remote clients stop the movement when they don't get an update, that means they are way behind when another update finally makes it through. You can pick either evil then:
    Lag behind forever, because the character can only move at max-speed.
    Speed up to catch up with the latest position.

In some games, it's OK to just skip to the latest position, if it's too far to catch up with normal movement.
    You can also try to extrapolate the movement of another player, when you don't get the updates in time. Just move the character a bit further in the direction if was moving due to the last few updates.
  • N1warhead
    Options
    Sweet thanks for the guidance, I'll try to work on that in a bit... (making level assets right now LOL).

I'll let you know how it goes when I figure it out LOL.