Editor works fine, builds crash immediately

Options
I am new to PUN, but I am having a fundamental issue where my builds crash with a windows exception when trying to connect in any PUN demo project. This includes the PhotonBootCamp, Walking Vikings, and numerous other tutorials I've tried.

However, if I set up the demo project in the SDK for Unity for loadbalancing, I get perfect working behavior(connecting, creating, joining, communication, etc) in both Editor and builds. It seems that this project is not even using PUN, DemoGame is a nice wrapper around the LoadBalancingClient class and DemoGUI just sets this up. I like this architecture and it works great, but I cannot seem to follow any of the tutorials or demos with this alone (because it lacks the "PhotonViews"?) When I try to combine this codebase with the tutorials, I get namespace collisions and other errors that make this seem like the wrong way to go.

I am using Unity 5b and I really want to use PUN, can you help?

Thanks,
Doug

Comments

• I figured out that Unity 5 does not support network views when building for Win or Web player. I suspect Photon extends these classes or replaces them, but they ain't workin in U5! Switching back to Unity 4.6, everything works perfectly. I'm going to file a bug with Unity
  • Tobias
    Options
    I tried Unity 5 and didn't get an issue with the network view but with the RPC Attribute. This could be fixed easily. In RPC.cs add "|| UNITY_WEBGL" at the end of the compile condition (line 7 here).
    But my testing with U5 beta 10 just started.

I will continue to work on this and I'm quite sure we can support Unity 5 in a while.
    If you want to be productive, I can only ask you to use 4.6 for the time being.
    If you like to, please continue to check out U5 and send issue reports to us. I can use pointers of what goes wrong.