Build Problems in MyApplication Sample in Lite Server Source

Options
GravitySpec
edited May 2011 in DotNet
I'm trying to build the "MyApplication" sample that is in the Lite folder under src-server\Lite\MyApplication but I'm getting reference exceptions and it is trying to find reference to the Lite library in Photon\lib. I tried pointing it to a build of the Lite source that is there but I get other reference problems with missing namespaces and class names such as LiteOperationBase.

This this sample outdated with the ExitGamesLibs library?

I'm trying to put together an entry point server app and client. Thanks again for all the help!

Comments

• Boris
    Options
    Try adding the MyApplication project to the Lite.sln and reference Lite as project.
  • Still get the reference errors, example:
    Error	1	The type or namespace name 'Rpc' does not exist in the namespace 'ExitGames' (are you missing an assembly reference?)	C:\Photon Server\src-server\Lite\MyApplication\Operations\MyEchoOperation.cs	4	21	MyApplication

Line 4 reads as
    using ExitGames.Rpc.Operations;

Line 6 reads as
    public class MyGameOperation : Lite.Operations.LiteOperationBase

Where LiteOperationBase does not exist in the project anywhere.
  • Boris
    Options
    seems outdated... sorry about that.. you already use the latest version, correct?
    there will be a new release soon (next week probably) which contains a working MyApplication; I attach it here, not sure if it's 100% compatible though.
  • Yes, I'm using 2.4.7. I'll let you know how this copy goes.

Thanks!

EDIT: Looks like it builds fine. Will let you know if anything goes awry.
  • Tobias
    Options
    The new release is out. Get v.2.6.0 here: http://www.exitgames.com/Download/Photon
  • Tobias wrote:
    The new release is out. Get v.2.6.0 here: http://www.exitgames.com/Download/Photon

Excellent! Downloading it now. I had a good 30 hour all-nighter this weekend and was able to start implementing my own operations and added access to a local MySQL database. I now have a basic user login system. :D