Set range for client port numbers

Options
kblanch09
edited October 2014 in Native
Is it possible to set a range of port numbers that the clients will use when connecting to the photon server on port 5055(UDP)?

Comments

• Kaiserludi
    Options
    Hi kblanch09.

You can only specify the destination port, for which the default value for UDP is the mentioned 5055.
    Photon does not support specifying a source port or a source port range.

I can't remember anyone ever asking for this. Why do you want to specify a source port range?
  • Because of where we are going to be hosting our application, we have to apply for a certificate of networthiness. Part of that is specifying all ports (client and server) that are going to be used
  • Kaiserludi
    Options
    Well, the source port will definitely be in the default range of the operating system, which for Windows (I think I remember that you are exclusively working with Windows as Client platform) versions up to XP is 1025-5000 and for Windows versions from Vista on is 49152 to 65535.
  • Thanks! So I'm assuming there is no way to reduce that range in photon itself? And are there other ports that the photon server uses? I've been comparing ports when photon is on vs. when it is off using netstat and there seems to be a few more ports other than port 5055
  • Kaiserludi
    Options
    http://doc.exitgames.com/en/onpremise/c ... rt-numbers lists all port used by Photon server.

However only port 5055 for UDP and port 4530 for TCP should be relevant in your scenario.
  • Really appreciate your help! Just wanted to confirm that it's not possible to reduce that range for the client ports from within the client sdk.
  • Kaiserludi
    Options
    Confirmed. Reducing that range is not supported by Photon. You would have to do a feature request if you need this.