Networking solution switch!

Options
Hello i was writing my project in unity networking to get a feel for multiplayer since this is my first in that respect.... i was worried when people told me unity networking isnt for commercial release as i have wrote a bunch of code and didnt want to learn photon AND rewrite everything ..Thankfully i believe you guys have a conversion tool right? which should save me a bunch of time ...

The game is relatively small compared to most 8 or 10 player max ( allows 4 on 4 at max 5 on 5)

also my main concerns are:
    --i heard about room options is that something i can use to store player in-game data? like kills death, points, KD ratio (which is accessible outside of game room right? e.g main scene shows these stats accumulated since playing the game..i can do this outside of photon but if it can be done with photon id rather do that)

--Things like weapon buying (or unlocking) or even achievements has to be done on my end also?
    Thanks in advance for your time.. :D

sorry for the questions trying to make sure i made the right choice in networking packages and makign sure i can do what i desire in my game

Comments

• Tobias
      Options
      The Room and PhotonPlayer classes have "custom properties" but those are not persistent. You have to store "user values" (which are persistent per person/user across many games) somewhere else. Photon doesn't do that.
      To start, you can do this in local prefs which is a feature of Unity. Just read those and set them in a room so the others know another player.

You should take a look at Playfab. We will work with them, so their accounts and our realtime multiplayer API work seamlessly together.
    • yea didnt want to use playerprefs due to easy manipulation, i just heard about playfab looks promising its just to little info as far as well...anything lol especially you guys idk