Can't get the Memory Demo to work at all (Unity)

Options
This is the slate of errors I run into after opening the scene, inputting my Appid in Unity, and setting the webhooks settings to the Memory demo settings on the dashboard:
unitymemoryerror.png

Same thing after hard-coding my appid into parts of the code that call it. Is there other setup that I need to do? I was just looking to poke around with a working example.

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    Usually, the sample should work, once you edited the AppId in the single scene there is.
    In the Hierarchy window, select Scripts, find component MemoryGui and enter your AppId. Save and then run.

This page hopefully explains the relatively simple setup:
    http://doc.exitgames.com/en/turnbased/c ... emory-demo

The setup for Turnbased is a bit more complex than "Photon Cloud Realtime", as you have to configure a server-side service for the persistence.

Can you make sure your AppId is set in the demo and if that doesn't help, we could do a screen sharing session or so.
  • I got these errors after the set up of adding the Appid and Setting the Turnbased Demo settings on the dashboard for this App. I'll try again later today with another fresh download and project, and if that doesn't work, I'd be up for a quick screen share whenever you'd be available.
  • I figured it out - its always the simplest thing:

Memorygui was disabled by default, so of course it wouldn't see my appid. Why is it disabled by default though? Survival of the fittest? Lol
  • Tobias
    Options
    It should be enabled by the NamePicker. You first enter a name, then "connect" and the MemoryGui does the rest.
    Afaik, the MemoryGui can be disabled, as long as it's setup as "Component to Enable" in NamePicker.

The idea was that I could re-use the NamePicker gui this way.
    Apparently it made things worse. Sorry for the hassle.
  • Heh, no biggie. It was really my fault for not noticing :/ I got it all working, and now my trek to get 1 PC User, 1 Ouya User, 1 Wii U User, and 1 Android User all in the same room begins! Thanks to you and the rest of the team for this Turn-Based persistence system!