Max CCUs connected to masterClient

Options
How many players can be connected to masterClient or lobby ? Is this same number as max CCUs ? I'm asking, because it is probable, that in our game many players will be in menu of the game (upgrading things, chat with friends, etc). We want to show list of friends in menu and their status like using FindFriends method. But we would like to use/save those Max CCUs for players in the rooms. If the answer is yes, then we will need to fake online status (and other things) with our database, and players will be disconnected in menu of game.

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    The Photon Cloud subscription CCU limit is for "being connected", no matter if in game or in lobby. As long as a player is connected, the client counts against the CCU limit.

Photon does not enable your clients to communicate with each other outside of rooms and you can be only in one room. This makes it a bit unwieldy for Chatting with friends.
    To solve this common issue, we have a separate API which is Photon Chat. It can be combined with PUN (but not yet with PUN+) and other Photon packages.
    It has user status messages, private or group chats and (best of all) it's room-independent.

See:
    https://www.exitgames.com/en/chat
    http://doc.exitgames.com/en/chat/curren ... chat-intro

If you can disconnect players for a while, that's fine. Chat and the game connections are separated and you could keep one of them or both.
  • wawro1
    Options
    Actually we are planning to use photon chat (I haven't said it, sorry :) ), only thing i need to know is if my friend is in room. And if I am disconnected, i can not get this info. Can i fake this status somehow with chat ? On the opposite site, I don't need player who is in room to be in chat. I think, that we will need to have this info in our DB, to save CCUs (both for chat and for PUN) for the players who really need it, those in rooms or those who really want to chat.
  • Tobias
    Options
    You can keep the chat connection live and just drop the gaming-related connection (in PUN).
    The status of friends can be updated in Chat, yes.
    Of course you can also manage the status yourself with some DB. However, you will have to host that service and you might end up with a lot of extra work - both costs you money.