Not detecting the pugins folder scripts file

Options
im beginner for programing..... i started learning through macro polo game tutorial... in that they said to refer a script from "Plugins" folder... but it not detecting... anyone help me to figure out the problem please.

screenshots
void OnJoinedRoom()
{
    GameObject monster = PhotonNetwork.Instantiate("monsterprefab", Vector3.zero, Quaternion.identity, 0);
    monster.GetComponent<myThirdPersonController>().isControllable = true;
}

dBIFhRq.png

qHrVXgq.png

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    Did you move the .js files into the Assets\Plugins\ folder of your project? Else, the compilation order between C# (PUN) and the other scripts is wrong and JS can't find C# scripts.
  • yes sir, i moved .js file into Assets\Plugins\ folder.
  • sir any clue about the compilation order problem??..... im following Macro Polo game tutorial.
  • gamedevelopingboy
    edited July 2014
    Options
    sir, im keep trying but getting the same error :( . im very new for programing so i may do some blender mistakes sorry. Please help me Sir!!!

screenshots

Screen_Shot_2014_07_16_at_1_52_41_pm.png

Screen_Shot_2014_07_16_at_1_51_53_pm.png
  • Tobias
    Options
    About compilation order:
    The PUN source is C# (.cs).
    If the myThirdPersonController.js needs access to PUN classes, it must be compiled first (and not at the same time as the C# sources).
    Only move the PUN files to Assets\Plugins\ and keep the myThirdPersonController.js in another path that doesn't get compiled early on.

Please don't post screenshots of error messages.
    You have to read the and in most cases, you need to look up the code that they point to. It is extremely important that you learn how to interpret those compiler messages and how to look them up on a search page, too. You can't finish any project without a good knowledge how to help yourself because you can't always ask someone...
    I don't mean to be rude, so I'll say sorry right away. I felt I have to say this in this case. I want to help but it's not an option to help with something like missing cast where my analysis takes longer than reading the compiler error...

In this case search: "cannot implicitly convert type". Follow the results to stackoverflow and msdn and try to understand and apply this to your case.
    Somehow the class CharacterState in the code can't be implicitly converted to a CharacterState. Apply a cast: (CharacterState)myVariable.

I don't know what exactly is causing this problem but this should be the solution. Or it's one step to a solution.
  • Tobias
    Options
    Oh and a bit more feedback: Give us at least 48 hours before you bump your questions. Thanks.
  • ok sir thank you so much for your reply. im very new for forums and programing. Thank you for your advice sir. i will follow in my future posts. :)
  • Tobias
    Options
    Then it's probably time for a "welcome" to forums and programming :)
    I hope you will soon make good progress AND have a lot of fun doing so.

Feel free to drop the "sir". I appreciate effort but I also feel better without ;)
  • Ok, Thanks :)
  • Hi Tobias,
    At last i found the cause of this error.It wasn't compilation order or casting error. Error actually caused due to i didn't edited myThirdPersonController.js properly according to the instructions given in Macro Polo game tutorial. Thank you for your advice. It motivated me to do research.
    Im aiming to build A Cards game using PUN in near future. So only i started learning you awesome realtime solution (PUN). So i will be messing around this forum frequently to clarify my doubts. I may do some blender mistakes but sorry about that. All i need is your support and advice to shape me up as a good game developer. :)

Thank You.
  • Tobias
    Options
    It's very cool to read that you could identify and fix the issue you had. That's a good step in the right direction!
    Do a lot of experimentation with your card game topic and you will end up with something fun to play :)
  • Ok, Thank You :)