PUN vs .NET Client SDK

Options
Is there any particular reason a PUN client can't see a .NET client and viceversa, on Photon Cloud?

Comments

• Kaiserludi
    Options
    Hi AXE.

Likely reasons for your issue are:
    a) your app is passing in different version strings - the network version has to be identical to signalize to Photon that the clients are using compatible versions of your app, otherwise photon will treat them just like completely different apps
    b) the appID has to be identical - a different appID means a different app
  • AXE
    Options
    Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

I have double-checked everything: AppID, server address and versions are identical. I think I'm missing something obvious here, so at the cost of looking (and maybe being) stupid, I have to ask: can different clients, generated with different SDKs, connect and see each other in Photon Cloud?
  • Kaiserludi
    Options
    Yes they definitely can. This get's done quite a lot by many games out there without any issues.

Tobias, which is more into the Unity clients than myself and should know this, is out of office until tuesday, and I am not 100% sure, but if I remember it correctly, then he has once mentioned, that PUN internally appends something to the version number, which non-PUN clients are not doing, so that the Server would see a different version of the PUN client, than you are actually passing in, and you would have to append the same string manually on other clients, so that the version can match.
  • AXE
    Options
    OK, that was the "problem". Thank you very much.
  • Kaiserludi
    Options
    I have just talked with another colleague and he could provide me with info about what exactly get's appended by PUN:

[code2=csharp]public void SetApp(string appId, string gameVersion)
    {
    this.mAppId = appId.Trim();
    this.mAppVersion = gameVersion.Trim() + "_" + PhotonNetwork.versionPUN;
    }[/code2]
    So if you append the same in the .NET client, then it should work.