Is a server application required for game logic (Unity)

Options
Hi there.

I've noticed that when my webhooks are not set up that my clients can't seem to join a game (they get stuck in the joining state) is this because a server application is required to join games (i was under the impression it was only optional for saving game data/state/properties). I intended to work on the lobby/game logic before thinking about using webrpc's and working on server side.

I have only just begun implementing Photon TB into my game and its all new to me. So its very likely that I'm going about it wrong. If you could clear this up to me I'd be very grateful.

Comments

• Hello,

as long as you haven't configured the webhook settings you shouldn't have problem with it. The service returns:

"WebRpc-Response: OperationResponse 219: ReturnCode: -3 (Rpc Service isn't setup). Parameters: {}"

You can use both Memory Demo and turnbased demo which are both in the unity SDK to test this out.
  • v1r7u3
    Options
    I see so I need to make a new app and not configure the webhooks at all, restoring them to default is not sufficient. Ok thanks alot!
  • Glad I could help.