Cross-platform Assets?

Options
I'm currently looking into PUN as a solution for my casual cross-platform game, where PC players can play the same game *simultaneously* with mobile - but just learning the basics now.

What I'm curious about - is there a way to filter out which asset is created for a given platform? For example, say sometime during the game an enemy AI soldier is created. For anyone on PC/Mac - I want this soldier to use a high res model, and for anyone Android/iOS, I want him to use a lower res model.

I guess I'm thinking that the cloud would send a message to all clients to create "soldier" and have an #if UNITY_ANDROID for example, create the low res soldier for the mobile player. But since the soldier has the same PhotonView on each client, the PC player will see the same soldier as a high res version.

Is this something possible with PUN?

Thanks!

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    This is more a Unity question than a Photon question, as you simply Instantiate the asset by name. How you replace it with something simpler for mobile platforms is a Unity question.
    In the easiest case, you simply include the fitting models only per build. They contain different levels of detail but the names of all assets are the same. Maybe just the path is/was different at build-time.
  • jalex
    Options
    Thanks for the answer - I think this seems sound.

So strange I didn't see this reply sooner!
  • jalex
    Options
    Thanks for the answer - I think this seems sound.

So strange I didn't see this reply sooner!