Turnbased bugs

greenland
greenland
edited July 2014 in DotNet
Where should I report bugs?
It runs fine in the editor, but when running a compiled app for OS X, it hangs on state ConnectingToNameServer.
My system.log overflows fills with this delightful message:
Jun  1 23:34:26 jeffs-mini kernel[0]: *** kernel exceeded 500 log message per second limit  -  remaining messages this second discarded ***
Jun  1 23:34:27 jeffs-mini kernel[0]: Data/Stack execution not permitted: Untitled[pid 23229] at virtual address 0x1060c6000, protections were read-write
After a while it will time out and bring back the connect button, but after it's timed out, the application can no longer terminate normally, and becomes unresponsive after telling it to quit, while still filling the system log.
Any thoughts?
Is there a more formal way to submit bugs?

Comments

• This is new to me.
    Which Unity version do you use to export to OSX?
    What are the log entries that cause the limit excess?
  • I'm on 4.5.0f6 on OSX 10.9.3.
    It looks like it's just logging the Data/Stack execution not permitted error over and over as fast as it can.
  • Did you report a Unity bug? I would like to know their take on this.
    We will try to reproduce this and see if there's a fix.
  • Can you reproduce the issue with our demos? We tried and couldn't.
    Do you have and info how we can reproduce this?
  • All I'm doing is building the demo in the sdk.
    Observe: http://youtu.be/SJ4XCcGcUF8
    I could submit a but report to Unity, although I'm not sure how they'd respond to a bug that only occurs when using one specific third party asset in beta.
    Edit: submitted the project and a bug report to Unity. (Case 611568)
  • Works fine on Android though, if you have really tiny fingertips. :P
  • If the Unity Team is able to reproduce this, then they might have a way to reduce the log count and get you at least some info what goes wrong.
    At the moment, I am totally in the dark. The Kernel issue is nothing I can reproduce...

Good to read it's working on Android at least. We tested on Windows, Android, iOS and Windows Phone. It might be a little small-ish on some resolutions :)
    Got to add camera movement...
  • Well, I'd like to be a pioneer on this, using parse, facebook, and turnbased on my project. I'd like to help any way I can.
    Are there any plans for add PUN+ upgrades to turnbased apps?
  • Adding async games to PUN will take a while, I guess. It's more complex to get right with the saved GameObjects, longer games, etc.
    At the moment, I would not wait for "PUN Turnbased" in your case.
  • Tobias wrote:
    Adding async games to PUN will take a while, I guess. It's more complex to get right with the saved GameObjects, longer games, etc.
    At the moment, I would not wait for "PUN Turnbased" in your case.
    I meant the extra ccu bonus mostly though. =p

...but is that something on the roadmap (very far out)? Combining the functionality into one service?
  • greenland wrote:
    Rolandas wrote:
    Hey,

We have been able to reproduce this bug and have sent it for resolution with our developers. We cannot say when the resolution will be publicly available.

We highly appreciate your contribution. If you have further questions, feel free to contact us.

Regards,
    QA Team
  • Sorry for the late reply. I was trying to find out if we have a pricing already for Chat but that's not the case.
    We will try to offer "Plus" package with extra CCU also for Chat and Turnbased but they will be separate coupons. So far, we plan to keep the subscriptions separated.

Edit: Thanks for posting the Unity reply. It's good to read they could fix it on their end!
  • Hello,

Issue will be fixed in next major version.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.

Regards,
    Rolandas
    QA Team
  • Next major version sounds like Unity 4.6.
    Good to know. Thanks for updating us!
    I hope you could go on with your project more or less as planned?