PUN+ with Unity 4.3 crashes with Android ART runtime

I have built a game using latest PUN+ + Unity 4.3 free version. Now the game keeps crashing on my Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.2, using ART runtime, everytime when I enter the scene to search for game rooms. We used our SelfHost server.

Before PUN+, it worked fine with PUN + Unity 4.3 Pro.

In this crash case, both .Net debugger or Android debugger are not working, because the crash happens on libc as below:

05-14 12:20:37.592: W/art(1215): Thread[19,tid=3813,Native,Thread*=0x4f0a0f18,peer=0x659760a0,"Thread-14581"] attached without supplying a name
05-14 12:20:37.592: A/libc(1215): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0x00000008 (code=1), thread 3813 (Thread-14581)

After I switched my phone back to Dalvik runtime, everything is fine it no longer crashes.

Is it possible libPhotonSocketPlugin.so used by PUN+ not working well with ART?

Comments

• That is possible. So far, I (the C# guy) didn't even know about the ART runtime.
    So Unity is fine with ART? You say PUN Free was working, so I assume that's a yes.

I'll ask my colleague on the native side what he can say about this.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • Thank you, please help evaluate it with ART, if the issue can be confirmed, please let me know whether there is any temporary workaround, as we're releasing a version in 2 weeks.
  • Btw, Unity is fine with ART. So far all the APPs on my cell phone have been working well with ART (ideally APP code doesn't have to consider the runtime, as long as everything is in JAVA)

My only clue is native codes.
  • In best case, you could simply use PUN Free with Unity Pro again.

Most likely it's an ART problem with the native libs but I don't think we can put a lot of effort into this, as it's more a research topic (for us).
    If I understand this correctly, ART is still "experimental"?
  • Hmmm...that's true! It's still experimental, then I shouldn't worry too much about this, neither. Thank you.