Still cant connect to US server

Options
My game has not been able to connect to the US server in about a week. I have been using the EU server as temporary replacement and that's been fine but a bit laggy. Is there anything on my end I should be doing other than changing the cloud region in my PUN Wizard?

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    There should be no reason why the US servers shouldn't be available to you. A lot of games are played there successfully.
    Yes, you should only have to set the region to US in the wizard. Re-build and you should be fine.
    If you set the region by wizard, don't use the ConnectToBestPingRegion method to connect. Try make sure the settings get saved you could delete the PhotonServerSettings.asset in your project and start the wizard again.
  • I deleted the asset, changed the server to US and saved. Still won't connect. The console says "TimeoutDisconnect while connecting to: app-us.exitgamescloud.com:5055. Check if server available." Changed the region back to EU and it works again..
  • Tobias
    Options
    Interesting.
    I know it's working, cause the servers are busy. It must be something in your setup.
    To see if it's DNS related, use the IP address in your config: 162.210.192.34 (Note: This IP might change! Use it only now to test this out, not to run your game).
  • Yeah I get the same error message when trying to connect to that IP.
  • Tobias
    Options
    Because others can connect fine, I doubt it's an issue with PUN. It might be a firewall rule or something in the machine's setup.
    Do you have any other log entries? Have you tried in some other network on another machine?
    I don't know if we can really help. This doesn't sound like a PUN or cloud problem.
    If you wanted to, get Wireshark and sniff the traffic for ports 843 (TCP), 5055 and 5056 (UDP) and post what you got in that.
  • Turns out MalwareBytes was blocking access to the server. Very strange, but it's all fixed thanks :)
  • Thanks for your update, and we're glad to hear that you found a solution!