Main Client

Options
So I'm working on setting up how my game handles rooms. I'm used to a Server-Client architecture, and am wanting to keep something similar. The best thing I can think of would be to have "Client Master"'s that would create a room, and just sit in the room and be in charge of things like changing maps, handling the rooms properties, and kicking people. They would always be the Main Client, and if for some reason they weren't the room would try and delete itself. Is this a good plan/possible? or is the late night brain kicking in?

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    I think you are making it too complex thinking there must be someone how creates rooms and such.
    You don't need all that.
    In best case, you check if the player can find some random room and if not, create one to let the next player match.
    Easy.

You can refine this system to no end with setting custom room properties (map, match-type) and filtering for specific properties when using random matchmaking.

Keep in mind: Your players don't fancy a list of lots of rooms but they want to play. If your game is successful and hundreds of rooms are played, no player will want to brows through all of those anyways.