PUN+Photon Cloud+Social Network Plugin

Options
Hey guys,
I've been using PUN and Photon Cloud for a while and decided to develop a multiplayer game for Android and iOS using it. I kinda almost started developing. I also want to add some Social network features like player data, leaderboards, achivements and so on. I feel like I'm gonna lean towards PlayPhone for these features. What I wanna know is that , is it possible to host my game in Photon cloud and use PlayPhone for my social network features ? Can you guys guide me in the right way, please ? I'm a indie developer , so I'm looking for solutions that will not require the pro licences in Unity.

Thanks in advance.

With kind regards,
Razor.

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    Sorry to let you wait for your answer so long. We've been in winter vacation mode over the holidays (happy new year, btw).

Photon is built to play nicely with any other middleware and community solutions, so PlayPhone will work, too. If they offer leaderboard and such, you can use those features with their API and use Photon for in-game, real-time communication and matchmaking.
    There are a lot of different solutions for communities. Which one is best for you, depends on your requirements and maybe on how easy their APIs are.
    Let us know which one you picked, when you did.
  • Dear Tobias,
    Happy new year to you too. :) Hope you had a great vacation ! Thanks for the reply ! I've decided to use PlayPhone as they provide cloud storage for game and player data, which I've been searching for . BTW any update on Photon Turn-Based ? I'm developing a turn-based game only but I've implemented the logic using Photon realtime for now as I do not require async gameplay ! Will PUN+ support Photon Turn-Based or is it a separate API that I've to buy ?

With kind regards,
    Razor.
  • Tobias
    Options
    Turnbased is now currently in preparation for Early Access. We finalize some features and such. The best part maybe: It's not a dramatic change for the client side. Returning to a game is much the same as entering it late. You get the event history and properties and all to pick up the state that the last player left.

The bad news is: For the time being, I'm not sure if PUN can support this right out of the box. It adds several layers of logic on top of the Plain Photon API and we need some time to figure out how well this works when we finished the Plain API first. I can't estimate now, how complex this will be. Most likely, we can have some features working soon but maybe not all out of the box. PUN+ and PUN Free will support it to the same degree each.

You could take a look at the Plain API in the Photon Unity SDK from our download page:
    https://www.exitgames.com/en/Realtime/Download
  • Thank you Tobias ! Looking forward to the release of Turnbased ! Cheers mate ! :D