[Solved] Avatar not added to the list in MMOIsland Demo

thetnswe
thetnswe ✭✭
edited February 2011 in DotNet
In the Island Demo, player's avatar is added as an Avatartype(Item) to the game list while initialise a Game.cs Object. and then create an Photon Peer for it. Wingrid demo can simulate more players by adding new Game Object. In the Unity client, I run two instances of the application but when I print our how many avatar in the scene, it always show one .... But When I simulate by adding more players in Wingrid and printing avatar count from Unity Application, it seems to be correct... What's wrong with avatar creation from Unity Side.. It just add to the item list like Spawning AI characters... How can I solve this problem?

Comments

• I doubt that the avatar item is just added to the Game and is not spawned... That's why the other clients can't access it's informations.. But when I try to spawn the avatar onWorldEntered, it says that it's already spawned.. when did it spawn the avatar. It doesn't even get to the OnItemSpawned() function.. I think this is the main reason that the avatar(MyItem) is not registered in the Global Item list.. so How can I make it globally available?
  • thanks, that helped me a lot!
    regards,
    chantal
  • any suggestion of spawning client's avatar??
  • it really spawns with item.UpdateInterestManagement().
  • So.. Why is it not accessible from other clients? Unless you're simulating players from Win-Grid. I even use the Random Unique ID when initialising game to make sure that every clients get the different ID..
  • Boris already solved this.. This is just because I was using the Older SDK 2.4.4 as I didn't know the new SDK comes out