CheckSocketEndpoint

Options
Hello!

I'm getting my weblog spammed with
CheckSocketEndpoint called for 192.168.0.100 with port: 5055" Policy for host 192.168.0.100 found in the cache.
CheckSocketENdpoint returns : True

I have about 20mb of this and climbing.

What am I doing to get this and how do I resolve it?

Thanks!

P.S.
When I searched the forum for the keyword "CheckSocketEndpoint" with quotes, I get the following message:
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: checksocketendpoint.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.

So sorry if this has been answered before.

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    Your weblog? So it's on the server side or ...?
    It does not look familiar to me, so maybe it's not a Photon message...
  • Yes, my weblog. In my Unity player, it creates a log on your local machine, usually located around C:\Users\<Name>\AppData\Local\Temp\UnityWebPlayer\log

I left it running overnight and it was 200mb. I am using Photon Server with custom op codes (not the Cloud) on the Lite Application.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more info.
  • Tobias
    Options
    Since I didn't write code to log this, I guess it's something Unity logs.
    This is out of my reach to change, sorry. Ask in the Unity forum or report it as bug for them to repro.
  • Will do! Thanks Tobias!

James
  • Found a similar answer. If you have your PhotonClient set to UDP, you will get these messages.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/62354-UDP-and-excessive-Policy-server-checks
  • Tobias
    Options
    That shows it's a Unity thing. The question is if they still want to log this on each connect? Maybe Unity would be fine to reduce the amount of logging for this, as it's working 2+ years by now? Maybe report it as feature request to log only errors?