Users Connecting at the same time causing issues

Options
We ran into an issue where if multiple users launch the web player at the same time, it can cause 1 or more of them to not properly connect. At first I thought it was only if you launched them on a single local machine, but upon trying on multiple machines the issue was still there.

Do you know of a way to fix this or handle it? Or maybe the cause of it? Currently we have to connect one by one and make sure that they aren't connecting at the same time. That slows things down a lot when you get the user count up.

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    This behavior is new for us.
    I will try to reproduce this. Maybe I can and we find a fix for this.

You are sure they don't connect (which error) or do they maybe just not show up in the same game (which means they are connected but as one player creates a room, the others can only find the room once it exists).
  • I set up a lobby/game joining system since that post. So now users connect to the lobby and choose to create a game or join a game. Before it was done solely through create room on fail, and join random room. The issue seems to have gone away with that change. We will have to do some more testing but for now I think we are good to go.

I can go back and take out the lobby system if you want us to do some digging on the potential issue.
  • Tobias
    Options
    Thanks for the offer but you don't have to go back to the old system.
    I can make an educated guess that you likely failed to join a game at the same time and then one player failed to create a game, when the other was quicker to create it. I had this situation, too. Especially in testing it's annoying. We will see if we can come up with an alternative. I just can't say when...
  • Ah, that makes a lot of sense for the behavior. Well, at least the lobby join/create works (and it's better for our application anyways) :)