Can't connect from work network

Options
Our IT group has a very restrictive network policy and consequently I can't connect to the PhotonCloud servers from inside my work network (along with many other network services such as Adobe's RTFMP).

If I'm going to get them to enable the service here, I'm going to have to provide them specific instructions on what they'll have to change to the network configuration in order for the service to work.

Is there an up to date list of required ports/protocols that must be allowed? I can see port 5055 in the server settings of my test project, but that's about it.

Any help would be appreciated!

P.S. If anyone has any recommendations for tools to help me determine what's blocking network traffic that would also be helpful

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    I hope you can convince them to open the ports needed. Our server requirements page lists everything needed:
    http://doc.exitgames.com/photon-server/Requirements

Aside from UDP 5055, also 5056 and 5057 are used and TCP 843 is required when you build a web client.
  • Thank you, much appreciated!
  • MoDDIB
    Options
    Is it possible to get the range of IPs address used ?

Because my IT groups wants the ports and the IPs ;)

Thank you
  • Sorry, I can't provide the exact IP range; it's subject to frequent changes because we add & remove cloud servers on demand and might use different IP ranges as well then.

If you have restrictive network policies, you might be better of with a self-hosted Photon - a free 100-CCU-license is available, it has all the features of Photon cloud (with the exception of custom authentication...) and if you don't need server-side modifications, it's really easy to setup.