[SOLVED]issues with blank server build

sebako
edited January 2011 in DotNet
Hey,

i am probably to tired, but i run into issues building the blank server,
i have followed the documentation in the pdf file straight, but something went wrong there.

The code itself looks like this:
namespace MyPhotonServer
{
using Photon.SocketServer;
public class MyApplication : Photon.SocketServer.Application
{
protected override IPeer CreatePeer(PhotonPeer photonPeer)
{
// created when a new peer connects
return new MyPeer(photonPeer);
}
protected override void Setup()
{
// initialize log4net (see Lite or MmoDemo)
// initialize your game
}
protected override void TearDown()
{
// clean-up game
}
}
}

and Visual Studio provides me the following errors:

Error 1 'MyPhotonServer.MyApplication .CreatePeer(Photon.SocketServer.PhotonPeer)': no suitable method found to override C:\Users\sebako\projects\unity\test\Server\MyPhotonServer\MyApplication.cs 11 40 InfinetGamingServer

&&

Error 2 'MyPhotonServer.MyApplication' does not implement inherited abstract member 'Photon.SocketServer.Application.CreatePeer(Photon.SocketServer.PhotonPeer, Photon.SocketServer.InitRequest)' C:\Users\sebako\projects\unity\test\Server\MyPhotonServer\MyApplication.cs 9 11 MyPhotonServer

did i miss something from the pdf?

Comments

• Error 1:
    Maybe the blank server PDF is not up to date. The CreatePeer signature in LiteApplication looks like this:
    protected override IPeer CreatePeer(PhotonPeer photonPeer, InitRequest initRequest)

The initRequest is probably newer. We added it, so you can initialize or create peers, depending on the init requests.

Error 2:
    Is Error 1, as seen from the other side. It's the missing override for the CreatePeer() method with new signature.
  • indeed, that was it, you should probably update pdf's it might confusing people :)
    The second error was raised by the first one as expected, just thought it might be useful finding the issue.

Thank you

Cheers

Seb