joinRandom not finding a room

Options
I'm following the Marco Polo tutorial. I've added the PhotonView to my character and all works fine, except that when I run a second client it does not find the room created by the first. I must be missing something, but it seems pretty basic.

EDIT: just tried the Viking demo with similar result - when I create a game with one client it is not seen by new clients. Also tried using a different AppID.

Comments

• Tobias
    Options
    There is no known issue at the moment preventing players to find other's rooms in the Cloud.
    Your clients will have to use the same appid and gameVersion. The latter is set by calling ConnectUsingSettings(gameversion).
    Look out for hints in the console if something goes wrong and prevents rooms from being created.

Edit: On the US servers, we had an issue on Friday, which is resolved by now. Maybe this was a temporary thing?
  • This is still happening.
    I am using the code exactly as described in the first part of the the tutorial. I have run Photon setup and entered the appID. I am using an identical copy of the client to connect, and it still does not find any games associated with my appID and fails on the call to JoinRandomRoom.

And as I said, the Vikings Demo is also failing to find a room created by another client.

[code2=csharp]void Start ()
    {
    PhotonNetwork.ConnectUsingSettings("0.1");
    }

void OnGUI ()
    {
    GUILayout.Label (PhotonNetwork.connectionStateDetailed.ToString ());
    GUILayout.Label (PhotonNetwork.room == null ? "" : PhotonNetwork.room.name);
    foreach (RoomInfo game in PhotonNetwork.GetRoomList()) {
    GUILayout.Label (game.name + " " + game.playerCount + "/" + game.maxPlayers);
    }
    }

void OnJoinedLobby ()
    {
    PhotonNetwork.JoinRandomRoom ();
    }

void OnPhotonRandomJoinFailed ()
    {
    PhotonNetwork.CreateRoom (null);
    }

void OnJoinedRoom ()
    {
    GameObject character = PhotonNetwork.Instantiate ("characterPrefab", spawnPoint.position, Quaternion.identity, 0);
    }[/code2]
  • Tobias
    Options
    fails on the call to JoinRandomRoom
    What does the console tell you?
    JoinRandomRoom might fail, if there's no room available. In that case, CreateRoom is used to create a room.
    The other player should then see this room in the list (after a few seconds) and then join random should work.
  • joinrandom failed, client stays on masterserver: OperationResponse 225: ReturnCode: 32760 (No match found).
    oinRandomRoom might fail, if there's no room available. In that case, CreateRoom is used to create a room.
    That's the whole point of my question! One client is creating a new room as per your tutorial, (did you read the code I posted??) and another client running the same code with the same appID entered in Photon Setup, is not finding the room. I have waited more than a few seconds as well.

EDIT: Calling
    [code2=csharp]//
    PhotonNetwork.Connect("app-us.exitgamescloud.com", 5055, "myAppID_here", "0.1");
    //[/code2]
    works, ie clients now find the room created in the subsequent call to CreateRoom

but using
    [code2=csharp]//
    PhotonNetwork.ConnectUsingSettings("0.1");
    //[/code2]
    continues to result in clients failing to find existing rooms.
  • Tobias
    Options
    Err.
    I don't see how this happens (still).
    This could be related to a issue with whitespace in the appID. However, we updated the US servers today (early on) and like the other servers, they should now ignore whitespace in the appID and find everyone's rooms. I tried this with another client.

At the moment, I don't see why this should not work.
    For debugging, you should try the EU servers. If they work but the US won't, please send us a mail to developer@exitgames.com with your Photon Cloud appid and the PUN version you use. Then I can check this tomorrow.
    You could also try to verify the room listing with this client:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4295285/cloud- ... index.html

The PUN field needs the value from PhotonNetwork.versionPUN and the server address needs adjustment. Then you can monitor the lobby and your client's games.