Hi, I'm not sure what CCU means!

Does 100 CCU mean that I can have countless rooms that can contain 100 users respectively or just 100 people in one game?

I've searched with keyword CCU but no answer so I guess this question is really noob :oops:

Comments

• CCU = Concurrently Connected Users = number of users online at the same moment in your game / application across all rooms.
    This is normally 10%-20% of your actually active users which means that if you have such a CCU number you have 500-1000+ active users.
  • :shock:
    100 CCU = 500 - 1000 users I see
    I thought there was a limit for a room to hold
    100 CCU is bit small then, I guess I'll need more expensive one later if the game gets some attentions
    Thanks.
  • Looking at the numbers of the Photon Cloud (across many titles and games), we have some factors.
    We check:
    CCU = Concurrent users
    DAU = Daily active users
    MAU = Monthly active users

CCU to DAU has a factor of 10 to 100 (depending on the game).
    DAU to MAU has a factor of 10 (again!).

So 100 CCU might work for as many as 100k monthly active users.
    These numbers are distorted for new games that get a lot of attention and playtime initially, so it's never really a fixed factor.

For the Photon Cloud, we offer packages with "CCU Burst". These lift the fixed CCU limit but you might need to upgrade to more CCUs when you have too many users.
  • I have virtual fair platform, where I need 50,000 active user, which package is suitable for me.
  • JohnTube
    JohnTube ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Ranabd,

Since you are not making a game, you need Photon Industries.
    Send an email to developer@photonengine.com to request more info.
  • IWillMakeNameLater
    edited June 2022

if Photon Fusion starts in SinglePlayer "StartGame(GameMode.Single, ...", that increases CCU?

From another thread, it seems that single player is not intended to increase CCU, but it's not stated clearly: https://forum.photonengine.com/discussion/12750/single-player-mode-still-counted-towards-ccu

• Fusion GameMode.Single and PUN 2 Offline Mode don't use connections. So there is no CCU increase.