Cloud question

Options
Elkelk
edited December 2012 in Any Topic & Chat
Hello,
I want to implement online racing on Unity via PUN, but I can't understand - does photon cloud provide hosting for dedicated Unity-app-based server or it just provides master-server logic (lobby, rooms, chat, etc..) and I should host servers by myself?

Comments

• dreamora
    Options
    It only provides the LoadBalancing infrastructure ie Lobby + Rooms
    If you want custom server logic you either have to host it or negotiate a custom cloud hosting with ExitGames
  • I just have looked PUN Demo and can't understand one moment: who is the authoritative server for physics (actor's position for example)? And what is the type of connection using PUN? I thought that it is the first client who created the room, but after its disconnection the game still goes on. So that's the question - where does client send its data - to the Photon Cloud (and then to other clients), to the one choosed client who is the temporary authoritative server or to each other client personally p2p?
  • Tobias
    Options
    You decide who (if any) is authoritative. This is depending on the game so much that we don't want to get into your way to develop a fitting solution.
    One player (the one who's longest in the room) will always be the MasterClient. This can be used as analogue to the host.

Rooms are created by any client and will continue to exist until all players are leaving it at some point. Then it will be cleaned away.