Need some guidance from masters :D

Options
ryg_1981
edited November 2012 in Any Topic & Chat
Hi There,

I am completely new for this Server-Client technology, but I know what I need. I have few question regarding my needs if some one can answer.
I am working for a company that produces educational content for K12. We want to develop our on-line educational sever which can be accessed on variety of platforms [Windows, MAC, Linux, iOS, Android, windows mobile, and many more, may be all :D]

The content is in following format-
Text/Script (Education material not related to programing)
High quality HD videos
3D interactive made in Unity and Flash (also have separate builds for mobile platform)
Quiz generated through database
Images
Key Terms
Website links for reference
LMS and CMS (in development)
Lesson Planner (in development)

A basic iOS app sample is available here- https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/eureka. ... 94153?mt=8
It uses amazon E2 web storage service to access all the data from server.

Now we need to develop our own web server with high level security and better access and best user experience. I need some guidance on how we can develop our server that we can extend our market to all platform mentioned above and with best possible security. Can photon help me on it?

Rahul Gupta

Comments

• dreamora
    Options
    Photon is a realtime communication server and has no webserver capabilities in any form. As such its definitely not an option for you.

For your usage you would better use a webserver, as they are designed to handle heavy content loads etc
    If you want something more flexible, then using NodeJS could be an option but if your website stuff etc is already in works you no longer have the option as you already rely on given behaviors (potentially even use PHP or ASP) which lock you into the decision you made before starting all these things.
  • Hey Dreamora,

thanks for the quick reply. Is there any place where I can collect some knowledge regarding my need? My issue is I do not know anything about webserver and so not able to communicate properly.