Create Room operation failed with code: -2

Options

Hi everyone,

I just experienced a problem in Photon, saying that the Create room operation failed with code -2. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? And what's the meaning of the error code -2? Since I have been searching what's going on, but just can't figure it out. Many thanks if you could help!!!

Best Answer

• leochunguang
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have emailed photon about this issue, and the answer is that

bolt create room option that default is max 32 players, if the app id is free 20 ccu, then server return the error code, try to set the room maxplayers to 20 or below, may be fix the problem, I didn't tried yet, but hope fix this issue.

Answers

• leochunguang
    Options

I had the same problem, I found that if I use the app id i have just made, then the error occur.

but when I used the app id which I have downloaded bolt opensource project from github, that project used the appid (i think this app id is registered several years ago) then no error occurs,

I think the issue is that newest appid is not working correctly with bolt framework.

• leochunguang
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have emailed photon about this issue, and the answer is that

bolt create room option that default is max 32 players, if the app id is free 20 ccu, then server return the error code, try to set the room maxplayers to 20 or below, may be fix the problem, I didn't tried yet, but hope fix this issue.