EU server is down. Can you please fix it?

Options
Vasilis
Vasilis
edited January 2023 in JavaScript and TypeScript

Hi,

I noticed that the EU server is down. When I try to connect to that server I see the following error message in the logs

Wrong game server used to create/join game

I do not get this error when I try to connect to the US server. What is more interesting is that I have this issue only on the web version of my app. My mobile version is connecting to the EU server without any issue.

Thank you

Comments

• Vasilis
    Options

Any news? The EU server is still down!!

• Homertimes
    Options

are you verify, your whitlist server ?

• Same error here!

• Vasilis
    Options

@Homertimes yes.

I used to have only "eu" in my whitelist server, but now I added "us" in that list.

So, the following one works:

this.connectToRegionMaster("US");

but, this

this.connectToRegionMaster("EU");

does not work.

This is from web not mobile client.

@Kaiserludi can you please help me with this one?

• Vasilis
    Options

Based on the js code, I connect to the following urls/ports:

this.masterServerAddress = "wss://app-eu.exitgamescloud.com:19090";

this.nameServerAddress = "wss://ns.exitgames.com:19093"

• Kaiserludi
    Options

Hi @Vasilis.

The EU-servers are not down. They work just fine for others. So I assume that there is a problem somewhere in your Client code.

You have posted your question in the 'native' category of the forum.

However your code indicates that your question is actually about the JavaScript client, so I will move the thread into the 'JavaScript' category.

The code snippets that you have provided look fine to me, so the issue must be caused by something else.

I ask our JS expert to jump in.

@vadim:

Please take over.

• Vasilis
    Options

@Kaiserludi @vadim

I have not changed my code. I just started getting this error sometime in December.

As I wrote in my first post, the problem occurs only when I connect to the EU server, not when I connect to the US server. Thus, I believe that there is a problem with the EU server

• vadim
    Options

The current nameserver address is wss://ns.photonengine.io:19093

You can set it with lbc.setNameServerAddress(addr) call before connecting. But wss://ns.exitgames.com:19093 still works in my tests.

Please send the appid and a short description of the issue to developer@photonengine.com

• Vasilis
    Options

@vadim I just send the email.

Shall I change the url in the JS code?

But, if the url is the problem, why don't I have any problem when I connect to the US server?

• vadim
    Options

In theory both addresses should work for all regions. In the next SDK release, the new address will be used by default. So changing it now in your code won't hurt.

Thanks for the email. We are checking the issue.

• Vasilis
    Options

Hi @vadim,

I tried the new URL, but nothing. I am still getting the same error code.

I am using the Photon-Javascript_Emscripten_SDK.js

• vadim
    vadim mod
    edited January 2023
    Options

Can you try to reproduce this with demo-loadbalancing from SDK package? Both Emscripten and JS clients work for me with your appid.

Or provide a simple repro project.

• Vasilis
    Options

Hi @vadim,

I got a response to my email. They explained to me the situation. They problem is solved, for now

Thank you

• vadim
    Options

Great. But it's still not clear why I could not reproduce this. Do you use the latest v4.1.1.4 SDK version?